SENIOR RESEARCH ASSISTANT (A)
Employment Type: Full Time
Research Laboratory: Geomatics for Environment and Development (GED)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the management of national, regional and city level space-based RE studies by GED
- Assist in literature review
- Work with the GED Research Scientist and Team in developing and validating a Renewable Energy Decision Support System (RE DSS)
- Assist in the formulation of research methodologies, guiding RS-GIS applications as well as knowledge management
- Oversee and assist in undertaking RE-related hazard, exposure, vulnerability and risk or HEVR data scoping, sourcing and quality check, including gathering of cost-benefit indices of RE options
- Synchronize gathering and encoding of spatial data at different levels
- Ensure RS-GIS map integration
- Assist in guiding and delegating data processing and any required modelling according to an agreed work program
- Review, validate and analyze research results, knowledge products, infer key findings and synthesize, conclusions and recommendations in collaboration with the Team
- Coordinate with RCS and AQD-ITD on inputs to GED research and mapping
- Guide, consolidate, write and review technical narratives/ reports and scientific papers
- PhD or Master of Science degree in Physics/ Environmental Science, Planning or Management/ Geography/ Economics/ Related Fields
- At least two (2) years of experience in development-oriented work in government, academe, research, and/ or NGOs
- In-depth knowledge of remote sensing and geographic information systems (RS-GIS) applications
- Mapping skills, especially using ArcGIS, QGIS and ArcMap as well as ENVI
- With experience in managing transdisciplinary space-based research teams
- Expertise in climate and geophysical risk screening helpful
- Knowledge of conventional energy and RE systems an advantage
All interested applicants must submit the following:
- a) An Application Letter addressed to Gemma Teresa T. Narisma, PhD, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
- b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
- c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Applicant- GED Senior Research Associate” as subject.