The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with research work in the fields of atmospheric and earth science in the Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its principal focus on the areas of climate change and disaster science.
Project Title: Access to Sustainable Energy Program- Clean Energy Living Laboratories (ASEP-CELLs)
Research Laboratory: Geomatics for Environment and Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in managing the Geomatics for Environment and Development (GED) ASEP- CELLs budgetary requirements (i.e. cash advances, liquidations/ reimbursements, etc.)
- Assist in arrangement of logistical and operational requirements of the project for the GED
- Assist the GED team and the independent contractors/ consultants in organizing strategic options workshops at the national, regional and local scales
- Assist in all correspondence, reporting and communication requirements for the project
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geo-Physics, Geology, Geography, Environmental Science, or any related fields
- Capable of handling coordinative and administrative tasks systematically, with focus and due diligence
- Proficient in oral and written communication particularly research/writing skills
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills and a multi-disciplinary team worker
All interested applicants must submit the following:
a) An Application Letter addressed to Antonio Gabriel M. La Viña, JSD, Officer-in-Charge of the Manila Observatory.
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Applicant- Project Assistant” as subject.
For more information about the institution, you can visit our website: www.observatory.ph