The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with research work in the fields of atmospheric and earth science in the Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its principal focus on the areas of climate change and disaster science.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review current related literature on climate change and renewable energy
- Assist in gathering, preparing and archiving ground-based and remotely-sensed observation data of meteorological variables (wind, solar, rainfall) over the Philippines
- Conduct historical analysis to establish a baseline climatology in the Philippines, particularly at the country-level
- Conduct future climate change analysis (wind, solar, rainfall) (country-level) using output from the regional climate modeling
- Assist in the creation of the Renewable Energy Atlas for the Philippines
- Assist in the preparation of progress reports, presentations, and journal publications
- Bachelor of Science degree with Master of Science units in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferably Physics or Atmospheric Science
- Experience with data analysis and scientific computing (including Linux, programming and scripting languages) would be an advantage
- Proficient in oral and written communication, particularly in preparing technical scientific reports
- Works well with a team with good organizational and interpersonal skills
All interested applicants must submit the following:
a) An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Gemma Teresa T. Narisma, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Applicant- RCS Senior Research Assistant B” as subject. For more information about the institution, you can visit our website: www.observatory.ph