The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with research work in the fields of atmospheric and earth science in the Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its principal focus on the areas of climate change and disaster science.
Unit: Office of the Executive Director
Position: Research Assistant
Report to: Executive Director/ Project Leader
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance in the development of research proposals, outputs and activities by conducting literature reviews, data gathering, model simulations, as well as data analysis
- Assist in the preparation of technical and scientific presentation(s), poster(s) and report(s)
- Compile and maintain data (e.g. observation, model output) and files in an organized directory
- Participate in scientific conferences, and other related activities, including seminars, workshops and others
- Provide administrative/logistical support for scientific/research events organized by the Project Leader, which may include but are not limited to conferences and seminars, as needed
- Bachelor of Science degree in Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience in data analysis, regional climate models and scientific computing (including Linux, programming and scripting languages)
- Proficient in oral and written communication, particularly in preparing technical scientific reports
- Capable of handling coordinative and administrative tasks systematically, with focus and due diligence
- Works well with a team with good organizational and interpersonal skills
All interested applicants must submit the following:
a) An Application Letter addressed to Gemma Teresa T. Narisma, PhD, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Applicant- Research Assistant” as subject.