The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with research work in the fields of atmospheric and earth science in the Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its principal focus on the areas of climate change and disaster science.
Project Title: High-Definition Clean Energy, Climate, and Weather Forecasts for the Philippines
Unit: Data and Sensor Development (DSD) Laboratory
Duration: The successful candidate will initially be contracted for six months, subject to renewal
The High-Definition Clean Energy, Climate, and Weather Forecasts for the Philippines (ECW) project aims to respond to
the global climate emergency by providing weather and climate information for clean energy development, and helping
communities strengthen their resilience to climate and disaster risks.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report to the Head of DSD Laboratory
- Assist in performing administrative functions, such as contracts administration, procurement, record keeping, and file management
- Provide administrative, logistical, and coordination support services relevant in undertaking project activities such as the conduct of trainings and creation inventories of research outputs
- Assist in event preparations, which may include but are not limited to conferences, seminars, and research colloquia
- Process travel orders/arrangements, airline, and hotel bookings
- Provide secretariat and administrative support for meetings, conferences, etc
- Assist in the management of project reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or management– fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Excellent organizational and office management skills
- Proficient in oral and written communication
- Works well with a team with good communication and interpersonal skills
All interested applicants must submit the following:
a) An Application Letter addressed to Fr. Jose Ramon T. Villarin, SJ, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Applicant- Administrative Assistant” as
subject. Deadline for the submission of applications is on 15 February 2024.