The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with research work in the fields of atmospheric and earth science in the Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its principal focus on the areas of climate change and disaster science.
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Responsible for data entry into accounting system and integrity of accounting system data;
- Check, review, and verify payment of invoices and check requests;
- Set up recording process for grants received, process journal entries, investigate discrepancies, and prepare
detailed records and reports as required;
- Prepare monthly and year-end reports;
- Prepare financial reports and budget preparation for projects as required;
- Manage Accounts Receivable;
- Assist in creating, monitoring and updating financial related policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least two (2) to three (3) years administrative and accounting experience preferably within a
development-oriented work in government, academe, and/or NGOs
- Must have analytical experience, accurate with figures, well organized, and exercise sound judgment in
- Software expertise in Microsoft Office and other accounting software
- Good communication skills to be able to explain importance of compliance with institutional requirements, accounting rules, and regulations to laboratory heads and peersGood communication skills to be able to explain importance of compliance with institutional requirements
and accounting rules/regulations to the laboratory heads and peers
All interested applicants must submit the following:
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.