JUNIOR RS-GIS SPECIALIST (A)
Employment Type: Full Time
Research Laboratory: Geomatics for Environment and Development (GED)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the development of the space-based Renewable Energy Decision Support System (RE DSS)
- Undertake city case studies including climate and associated geophysical hazard (H) as well as risk mapping and assessments
- Conduct city-level conventional vs renewable energy demand and supply studies as well as guide cost- benefit analysis of RE options
- Establish mapping guidelines, corresponding geodatabases and metadata
- Contribute to Training Modules
- Generate technical and scientific reports relevant to the Project
- Assist in revising and finalizing reports and other technical outputs
- Assist in the presentation of the research study in public events and activities
- Bachelor of Science degree in Physics/ Environmental Science, Planning or Management/ Geology/ Geography/ Related Fields
- At least one (1) year of experience in area of specialization
- In-depth knowledge of RS-GIS applications
- Mapping skills, especially using QGIS, ArcGIS and ArcMap as well as ENVI
- Proficient in oral and written communication particularly research/writing skills
All interested applicants must submit the following:
- a) An Application Letter addressed to Gemma Teresa T. Narisma, PhD, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
- b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
- c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Applicant- GED Junior RS-GIS Specialist (A)” as subject.