SENIOR RS-GIS SPECIALIST (B)
Employment Type: Full Time
Research Laboratory: Geomatics for Environment and Development (GED)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the development of the space-based Renewable Energy Decision Support System (RE DSS)
- Undertake city case studies including hazard-specific exposures and vulnerabilities mapping and assessments
- Conduct conventional vs. renewable energy demand and supply studies as well as guide cost-benefit analysis of RE options
- Establish national and regional mapping guidelines, corresponding geodatabases and metadata
- Contribute to Training Modules
- Generate technical and scientific reports relevant to the Project
- Assist in revising and finalizing reports and other technical outputs
- Master of Science degree in Physics/ Environmental Science, Planning or Management/ Geology/ Geography/ Related Fields
- At least two (2) years of experience in area of specialization
- In-depth knowledge of RS- GIS applications
- Mapping skills, especially using QGIS, ArcGIS and ArcMap as well as ENVI
- Proficient in oral and written communication particularly research/writing skills
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills and a multi-disciplinary team worker
All interested applicants must submit the following:
- a) An Application Letter addressed to Gemma Teresa T. Narisma, PhD, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
- b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
- c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Applicant- GED Senior RS-GIS Specialist (A)” as subject.