The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with research work in the fields of
atmospheric and earth science in the Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based
approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its principal focus on the areas of climate
change and disaster science.
Project Title: Access to Sustainable Energy Program- Clean Energy Living Laboratories (ASEP-CELLs)
Research Laboratory: Geomatics for Environment and Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the GED Research Scientist and Team in operationalization and management of national, regional and Luzon city level space-based renewal energy (RE) studies
- Assist in synthesizing and finalizing literature review
- Generate technical and scientific reports relevant to the Project
- Process and consolidate the data gathered to infer key findings, conclusions and recommendations in collaboration with the Team
- Draft reports, research papers or related knowledge products such as contributions to the RE Atlas, manuals, documentation papers, etc. in collaboration with the Team
- Assist in revising and finalizing reports and other technical outputs
- Assist in map reviews and descriptions
- Assist in the presentation of the research study in public events and activities
- Assist in the preparation of scripted videos
- PhD or Masteral degree in Physics, Environmental Science, Geology, Geography, Economics, or any related fields
- At least two years of experience in area of specialization
- Proficient in oral and written communication particularly research/writing skills
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills and a multi-disciplinary team worker
- In-depth knowledge of Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System
All interested applicants must submit the following:
a) An Application Letter addressed to Fr. Jose Ramon T. Villarin, SJ, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Applicant- Senior Research Associate” as subject. Deadline for the submission of applications is on 31 August 2021.