SENIOR RESEARCH ASSISTANT (B)
Employment Type: Full Time
Research Laboratory: Regional Climate Systems (RCS)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review current related literature on climate change and renewable energy
- Assist in gathering, preparing and archiving ground-based and remotely-sensed observation data of meteorological variables (wind, solar, rainfall) over the Philippines
- Conduct historical analysis to establish a baseline climatology in the Philippines, particularly at the regional-level
- Conduct future climate change analysis (wind, solar, rainfall) (regional-level) using output from the regional climate modeling
- Assist in the creation of the Renewable Energy Atlas for the Philippines
- Assist in the preparation of progress reports, presentations, and journal publications
- Bachelor of Science degree with Master of Science units in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferably Physics or Atmospheric Science
- Experience with data analysis and scientific computing (including Linux, programming and scripting languages) would be an advantage
- Proficient in oral and written communication, particularly in preparing technical scientific reports
All interested applicants must submit the following:
- a) An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Gemma Teresa T. Narisma, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
- b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
- c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Applicant- RCS Senior Research Assistant B” as subject.