The European Union (EU) has approved a Financing Agreement with the consortium of Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU), ICLEI–Local Governments for Sustainability, Manila Observatory (MO), and Xavier University (XU) to implement the project titled “Clean Energy Living Laboratories (CELLs): The development of centres of excellence on energy access, renewable energy, and energy efficiency.”
The objective of the project is to increase the awareness and knowledge on rural electrification, energy efficiency and renewable energy, through the creation of a national Centre of Excellence for SE4All and SDG7.
MO shall provide scientific, technical and research services on knowledge production, development and management for renewable energy (RE), energy access (EA) and energy efficiency (EE) information, policy and decision support, which will feed into the other pillars of advocacy, education and capacity building.
Project: Clean Energy Living Laboratories (CELLs)
Position: Senior MIS Specialist
Report to: Science Director
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, manage, and maintain the various communication, information and knowledge management platforms to ensure effective and efficient means of disseminating project content to the key stakeholders and target audiences;
- Lead in the design and testing of the systems architecture, the space-based renewable energy decision support system (RE DSS) and the institutional management information system (MIS);
- Manage the existing Manila Observatory (MO) Geoportal (e.g. Assess access by users, progressively upload maps, determine map themes, spatial coverage and years as cascading fields in the Home page, completion of map attributes for the search engine, update three featured maps, update featured datasets);
- With respect to the RE DSS, possibly hyperlinked through the existing MO Geoportal, and based on its users;
- Design and maintain overall computer architecture and infrastructure for the institutional MIS;
- Work with the Project Team in ensuring that all data and reports produced by the project will be maintained and processed as well as packaged for relevant stakeholders;
- Document information systems procedures to effectively use the management information system results, including accessing, analyzing and using gathered data;
- Contribute in preparing project reports by providing inputs from the data collected and processed by the MIS;
- Create and keep database systems properly backed up at all times;
- Work with the Project Team in drafting institutional data policy and intellectual property requirements;
- Ensure security of data, network access and backups systems.
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science/ Engineering, or related course; advanced certificate or graduate units is preferred
- At least two (2) years of experience in related field
- Expertise in computer systems and information management
All interested applicants must submit the following:
a) An Application Letter addressed to Gemma Teresa T. Narisma, PhD Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Applicant-Senior MIS Specialist” as subject. Deadline for the submission of applications is on 31 July 2019.