Employment Type: Full Time
Research Laboratory: Regional Climate Systems (RCS)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review current related literature on climate change and renewable energy
- Design and conduct high-resolution historical and future climate simulations using a regional climate model, including model validation
- Coordinate and provide technical guidance in the historical and future climate change analysis (wind, solar, rainfall) over the Philippines
- Assist in the creation of the Renewable Energy Atlas for the Philippines
- Prepare progress reports and assist in presentations and journal publications
- Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferably Physics or Atmospheric Science, with research experience
- Proficient in data analysis, regional climate models and scientific computing (including Linux, programming and scripting languages)
- Proficient in oral and written communication, particularly in preparing technical scientific reports
- Works well with a team with good organizational and interpersonal skills
All interested applicants must submit the following:
- a) An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Gemma Teresa T. Narisma, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
- b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
- c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Applicant- RCS Research Associate” as subject.