The European Union (EU) has approved a Financing Agreement with the consortium of Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU), ICLEI–Local Governments for Sustainability, Manila Observatory (MO), and Xavier University (XU) to implement the project titled “Clean Energy Living Laboratories (CELLs): The development of centres of excellence on energy access, renewable energy, and energy efficiency.”
The objective of the project is to increase the awareness and knowledge on rural electrification, energy efficiency and renewable energy, through the creation of a national Centre of Excellence for SE4All and SDG7.
MO shall provide scientific, technical and research services on knowledge production, development and management for renewable energy (RE), energy access (EA) and energy efficiency (EE) information, policy and decision support, which will feed into the other pillars of advocacy, education and capacity building.
Employment Type: Full Time
Research Laboratory: Regional Climate Systems (RCS)
II. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review current related literature on climate change and renewable energy
- Design and conduct high-resolution historical and future climate simulations using a regional climate model, including model validation
- Coordinate and provide technical guidance in the historical and future climate change analysis (wind, solar, rainfall) over the Philippines
- Assist in the creation of the Renewable Energy Atlas for the Philippines
- Prepare progress reports and assist in presentations and journal publications
- Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferably Physics or Atmospheric Science, with research experience
- Proficient in data analysis, regional climate models and scientific computing (including Linux, programming and scripting languages)
- Proficient in oral and written communication, particularly in preparing technical scientific reports
- Works well with a team with good organizational and interpersonal skills
IV. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
All interested applicants must submit the following:
- a) An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Gemma Teresa T. Narisma, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
- b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
- c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Applicant- RCS Research Associate” as subject.