The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with research work in the fields of atmospheric and earth science in the Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its principal focus on the areas of climate change and disaster science.
Research Laboratory: Regional Climate Systems (RCS)
Position: RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Science Communication Associate)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review current related literature on science communication, particularly regarding climate change information
- Design and conduct workshop and other engagements with stakeholders to ensure proper contextualization of climate change information
- Prepare information, education and communication (IEC) materials based on the program output, especially for public information
- Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations and/or journal publications
- Provide documentary and logistical support in organizing meetings, trainings, workshops, and/or conference, particularly related to the project
- Develop an institutional strategic communication plan for the distribution of communication materials in digital and print media
- Spearhead the production of communication materials needed for related events and activities (fact sheets, FAQs, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in mass communication, development communications, social sciences, environmental science, or any related fields
- At least two (2) years of communications work experience, preferably within government, academe, research, and/ or NGOs
- Experience in liaising with government agencies and civil society organizations
- Works well with a team with good organizational and interpersonal skills
All interested applicants must submit the following:
- a) An Application Letter addressed to Gemma Teresa T. Narisma, PhD, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
- b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
- c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Applicant- RCS Research Associate (Science Communication Associate)” as subject.