The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with research work in the fields of atmospheric and earth science in the Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its principal focus on the areas of climate change and disaster science.
Office: Office of the Executive Director
Report to: Executive Director
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development and management of the Manila Observatory Library and Archives Collections, i.e., identification, acquisition, cataloguing, classification, organization, dissemination and maintenance of the facilities and collections based on library and archival standards
- Engage the Library and Archives as a depository and conduit of data and information including the transfer and management of current data from the different research laboratories of the Observatory
- Establish a data collection and dissemination systems, as well as a data-transfer and management system between the different research laboratories and the Library and Archives
- Responsible for updating/upgrading the Library and Archives databases and information systems
- Responsible for the management of the Archives digital collections
- Conduct conservation practices to ensure long-term preservation of archival materials
- Foster linkages with other libraries and archives, within and outside the Philippines, to promote and develop the Library and Archives
- Bachelor of Science in Library and Information Science with units in Archival Management, preferably with one to two years of experience in library and archival works
- Proficiency in the English language both oral and written
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, etc)
- Knowledge of database program/language e.g. PHP, MySQL
All interested applicants must submit the following:
a) An Application Letter addressed to Dr. Gemma Teresa T. Narisma, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Applicant- Librarian” as subject