The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with research work in the fields of
atmospheric and earth science in the Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based
approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its principal focus on the areas of climate
change and disaster science.
Project Title: Access to Sustainable Energy Program- Clean Energy Living Laboratories (ASEP-CELLs)
Research Laboratory: Geomatics for Environment and Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in undertaking space-based national, regional and local hazards, exposures, vulnerabilities risks and site suitability assessments through maps
- Conduct Renewable Energy (RE) studies applying RS-GIS (i.e. Solar, rainfall, wind, geothermal, hydropower, ocean thermal, biomass/ bioenergy, with particular emphasis on geothermal energy)
- Generate technical and scientific reports relevant to the Project
- Assist in revising and finalizing reports and other technical outputs
- Assist in the presentation of the research study in public events and activities
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geo-Physics, Geology, Geography, Environmental Science, or any related fields
- At least one (2) year of experience in area of specialization
- In-depth knowledge of RS-GIS mapping skills, especially using QGIS, and ENVI
- Proficient in oral and written communication particularly research/writing skills
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills and a multi-disciplinary team worker
All interested applicants must submit the following:
a) An Application Letter addressed to Fr. Jose Ramon T. Villarin, SJ, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Applicant-Junior RS-GIS Specialist” as subject. Deadline for the submission of applications is on 31 August 2021.