Employment Type: Full Time
Research Laboratory: Geomatics for Environment and Development (GED)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate scoping of spatial data for the Renewable Energy Decision Support System (RE DSS)
- Correspond and networks for the collection of and gathers hazards, exposures, vulnerabilities, risks and impacts (HEVRI) spatial data at national and regional as well as for city-level RE case studies
- Collect ancillary data, including cost-benefit indices of RE options
- Formulate and forge necessary data sharing agreements
- Encode spatial data and sources for subsequent mapping
- Assist in the cost-benefit analyses of RE options
- Manage a database of references for proper citations (i.e. Scientific literature, spatial data, maps)
- Provide inputs to technical and scientific reports relevant to the Project
- Assist in the drafting of reports, research papers or related knowledge products such as manuals, documentation papers, etc. in collaboration with the Team
- Compile the Training Manual
- Master of Science or Bachelor of Science degree in Physics/ Environmental Science, Planning or Management/ Geography/ Economics/ Related Fields
- At least two (2) years of related research experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
All interested applicants must submit the following:
- a) An Application Letter addressed to Gemma Teresa T. Narisma, PhD, Executive Director of the Manila Observatory.
- b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
- c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Applicant- GED Junior Research Associate” as subject.