The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with research work in the fields of atmospheric and earth science in the Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its principal focus on the areas of climate change and disaster science.
Project Title: Access to Sustainable Energy Program- Clean Energy Living Laboratories (ASEP-CELLs)
Research Laboratory: Air Quality Dynamics & Instrumentation and Technology Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan, Corrales Avenue, Cagayan de Oro City
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the field deployment and maintenance of air quality instrument and automated weather station
- Prepare the filter/impactor assembly and sampler battery inside the laboratory for deployment
- Deploy the sampler, and retrieve filter/impactor assembly at the chosen sampling sites daily
- Charge the sampler battery every sample retrieval
- Ship the bulk filter samples to the Manila Observatory every two (2) weeks
- Prepare and handle all documentation required for the sampling in Cagayan de Oro, including but not limited to receipts for costs, required reports, etc.
- Management of the cash advance for the sampling costs
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned similar to, and related to the functions as enumerated above
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Proficient in oral and written communication
- Works well with a team with good management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
All interested applicants must submit the following:
a) An Application Letter addressed to Antonio Gabriel M. La Viña, JSD, Officer-in-Charge of the Manila Observatory.
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph.
Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com, with “Applicant- Junior Research Assistant (Full-time)” as subject. Deadline for the submission of applications is on 12 February 2021.