The MANILA OBSERVATORY is a Jesuit scientific research institution with research work in the fields of atmospheric and earth science in the Philippines and the Southeast Asian region. It advocates a science-based approach to sustainable development and poverty reduction through its principal focus on the areas of climate change and disaster science.
Administrative Office: Accounting Office
Report to: Head, Accounting Office
- Responsible for data entry into accounting system and integrity of accounting system data;
- Manage the chart of accounts
- Initiate and participate in data clean up and backup projects
- Check, review, and verify payment of invoices and check requests;
- Set up recording process for grants received, process journal entries, investigate discrepancies and prepare detailed records and reports as required;
- Reconcile grants received and transfer of funds to appropriate accounts
- Record and reconcile grants received and laboratory expenses
- Prepare monthly and year-end reports;
- Coordinate and prepare monthly and yearly requirements of government agencies (BIR, SEC, SSS, Philhealth, Pag-Ibig) as required
- Prepare yearly audit schedule such as SEC and DOST financial requirements
- Prepare financial reports and budget preparation for MO and laboratory as required;
- Assist in budget preparation and monitoring
- Assist in budget status report as required
- Manage Accounts Receivable;
- Assist in creating, monitoring and updating financial related policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least two (2) to three (3) years administrative and accounting experience preferably within a development-oriented work in government, academe, and/or NGOs
- Must have analytical experience, accurate with figures, well organized, and exercise sound judgment in decision making
- Software expertise in Microsoft Office and other accounting software
- Good communication skills to be able to explain importance of compliance with institutional requirements, accounting rules, and regulations to laboratory heads and peers
All interested applicants must submit the following:
b) Curriculum Vitae with three professional work references (including their emails and contact numbers).
c) Transcript of Records and recent passport size photograph. Please submit the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com with “Applicant-Accountant” as subject.